Some people say Google Talk is nice because of its minimalistic design, but they don’t want to use an Instant Messenger that doesn’t have smileys and font customization. Here are some tips that will make your work with Google Talk better.
* CTRL + Mousewheel up/down: Change the font size in a conversation window.
* CTRL + E: Center text
* CTRL + R: Right justify text
* CTRL + L or CTRL+J: Left justify text
* F9: Open Gmail to send an email to the person you talk to
* F11: Start a call
* F12: Stop the current call
* ESC: Close the current window
* Some smileys are converted by Google Talk: 😐 :-O 😡 😛 😀 😉 😦 🙂 B-) 😥 😐 :O 😡 😛 😀 🙂 😦 🙂
* To write bold text, type *your gtalk message*
* To write italic text, type _your gtalk message_
Startup parameters (go to Start/Run and type “c:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe” /one_parameter_from_the_list_below)
* /nomutex: allows you to open more than one instance of Google Talk.
* /register: write Google Talk settings in the registry.
* /checkupdate: check for new version.
* /factoryreset: revert to default settings.
* /mailto email@example.com: send an email with Gmail.
* /diag: start Google Talk in diagnostic mode.